Yvonne Johnston Counsellor/Psychotherapist & Supervisor Registered Member MBACP (Snr.Accred).
that we are born as ok human beings and through family, friends and social relationships we adapt our opinions and attitudes in order to relate to people. This natural process can become unhealthy if we over adapt to suit others and can effect the way we value ourselves.
If we dwell too much on the past this can cause depression.
If we stay in the present there can be peace.
If we look too far in the future this can bring about anxiety.
Since 1995 I have completed: –
- Level 6 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision (TCSU – L6)
- Counselling Degree BA (Hons)
- Family Systemic Therapy Certificate
- Triple P (Primary, Group & TEEN – Positive Parenting Programme)
- Relate Couple Counselling Certificate
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling (Integrative)AEB Certificate of Counselling Theory
- The RSA Counselling Skills in the development of learning
Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist/Supervisor and member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy and abide by their code of ethics and practice.
I have been in private practice for over 20 years offering individual & couple counselling and supervision
Counselling lecturer at local colleges for 8 years.
I receive regular supervision as required by the BACP guidelines.
Relate - Couple Counselling (1999 to 2002)
Organised and delivered the Triple P Programme for individual and group parenting work. This offers support to build and improve parenting skills. (October 2004 to July 2009)
I worked in the drug and alcohol field for just over two years
Explore the possibilities